Amazon Polly converts text to speech, allowing you to build speech enabled services. Polly can translate text to speech (TTS) to produce realistic voice messages to which a user can take action, or respond as part of a conversation.
- AWS docs: https://aws.amazon.com/polly/
- AWS FAQs: https://aws.amazon.com/polly/faqs
Video: Text-to-Speech with Amazon Polly
Key features of Amazon Poly
- Two speaking styles are available: newscaster and conversational.
- Custom speaking, brand, style can be requested
- Male, or female voice
- Choice of languages
- Control over speed, pitch and other characteristics of the voice
- Custom pronunciation lists
Amazon Poly use cases
- Content Creation, convert text content into speech
Video: Recreating Colonel Sanders for KFC Canada using Amazon Polly Brand Voice
- Photo by Christopher Alvarenga on Unsplash